Simon Kenny, welcome

Joe Roark

Simon, welcome to ironhistory.com!

Please read the rules and consider introducing yourself to us.

Joe

Simon Kenny

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the welcome! smile.gif

Well, this website was recommended to me by Keith Wassung from Bodybuilding.com, I understand Keith also posts/reads here. Without a doubt my greatest interest in the sport is the old-school, natural way. I am a great fan of Marvin Eder, and basically I am trying to find everything I can about him. So I am trying everywhere online - I've managed to find a fair share on him- and it certainly seems that there are a lot of posts about Marvin Eder on these forums. I saw someone had posted a high-res, or reasonably high-res scan of Marvin Eder dipping with ca. 330 lbs. This is just a great treat for a fan like myself. I hope to become a member of the community here as it seems its members are very sincere and "genuine". I hope to find even more on Marvin Eder!

I lift in reverence of Marvin Eder. I am sure you guys now how it is to have an idol in sports. I feel very concerned, actually demotivated by the grand influence drugs have on the Iron Game. Eder showed how it could be done!

As far as my liting goes, I am currently focusing on incline presses, weighted dips and 20-rep breathing squats, and my goals are to increase my lifts and build a physique similar to Marvin Eder.

Simon

Joe Roark

Simon, we have some members here who are quite knowledgeable about different aspects of the game, so hopefully you will settle in and find what you hope for here.

Welcome again,

Joe

Joe Roark

Simon, your mention of Marvin Eder prompted me to add Adele Eder to LifeLines. She passed away Aug 6, 2006.

In regard to this, I notice a Milton Eder died July 30, 2001. Does anyone know if this Milton is Marvin's brother?

carl linich

Yes he was Marvin's brother.I met him at the AOBS several years ago.

Joe Roark
Yes he was Marvin's brother.I met him at the AOBS several years ago.

Thanks, Carl.

Simon Kenny

I am sorry to hear that both Marvins brother and wife have died. Pretty big losses :( I hope he is doing ok, something tells me he is not only physically strong but also mentally strong.

Joe, what would be the appropiate sub-forum for me to create a thread where I post all the pictures (simply a picture thread) I have been able to find of Marvin Eder? :)

Joe Roark
I am sorry to hear that both Marvins brother and wife have died. Pretty big losses :( I hope he is doing ok, something tells me he is not only physically strong but also mentally strong.

Joe, what would be the appropiate sub-forum for me to create a thread where I post all the pictures (simply a picture thread) I have been able to find of Marvin Eder? :)

Simon, please use 'Profiles' for it, and thank you. Perhaps members can add to whatever you have discovered so far.

Simon Kenny

Done :)

Joe, I read that you own the Strong, Stronger, Strongest book that has a lot, or atleast some stuff on Marvin Eder (pictures? text?) Any chance that could make it to the thread? :)

I wish to encourage everyone else to add whatever they have, hopefully even more can be found.

Simon