How To Donate to IronHistory

Bill Piche

Bill added this February 06, 2021:

You do not have to have a paypal account to donate. PayPal though is the credit card processor regardless.

I can send an invoice that will come from PayPal with pay by credit card option.

That's the only potential "other way" currently.

Thank you!

[Roark: or if you prefer PayPal, see below]

-----------------------------------------------------------

At the top of the forum, there is a Link labeled "Store"

Click the link.

You will see this view of the forum in the image below. You then click on either IH Contributor Level 3 or IH Contributor Level 1 and follow the step by step process that the software will walk you through. 

ironhistorystore.jpg

• Like 1
Ken Sprague

Bill and Joe,

A suggestion: I'm not intending to step on toes, but the donate "solicitation" has to be much more prominent and esaily accessed for new (and old) members---analogous to a Google ad placement at center-top. An inoffensive but omnipresent reminder, something to the effect "if you'd like to donate $___ per year to support this site, clip here" 

My comment is directed purely marketing strategy; I have no idea of the difficulty of programming such a change to the Forum page, but I have no doubt that greater exposure will raise revenue. [My son has >250 software engineers working for him. He's gracious enough not to laugh out loud when my marketing suggestions don't segue w/ the reality of execution. 😀]

Edited by Ken Sprague
  • Like 2
John McEneany

Seems easy enough to me to follow the donation process and I am somewhat "daft" as the British say.  Maybe an in the face popup would help! 😉

• Joe Roark pinned this topic
Joe Roark
31 minutes ago, Mikko Korhonen said:

Is it possible to donate using check?

I emailed Bill about this. Will let you know. Thanks for asking.

Joe Roark

It is not possible to donate by check. Sorry.

• Sad 1
  • 11 months later...
Joe Roark

If a member wishes to donate, but not to use PayPal, please contact Bill directly at editor@cyberpump.com- there is a way to use a credit card to donate.

Joe

• Like 1
Dale Credico

Thank You! Hopefully a visa debit card will do the desired trick.

Bill Piche

You do not have to have a paypal account to donate. PayPal though is the credit card processor regardless.

I can send an invoice that will come from PayPal with pay by credit card option.

That's the only potential "other way" currently.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1
Jack Green

Thanks Bill, I'll just leave it set up; PayPal it is.

Jack

Michael Murphy

Bill:

You can send me a PayPal invoice and I'll take care of this.-Michael

• 3 months later...
Elizabeth Yogerst

Bill,

Now that I've figured out the relationship between Cyberpump and IronHistory, I've also noticed a detail you may want to clarify.

Cyberpump Network can be supported by a $12 annual donation. However Joe requests $20 for the expanded access/functionality of IH, and I did not see the duration of time the $20 is good for. Joe does say the donation is for technical support, hence why it goes to Cyberpump. I saw the message that GripBoard also requires registration for participation, though I suspect I may have seen the forum in the process of searching for a fact.

Is the $12 for the network part of the $20 for IH, two separate donations, or a detail that needs to be updated or expanded upon?

Liz

Joe Roark
2 hours ago, Elizabeth Yogerst said:

Bill,

Now that I've figured out the relationship between Cyberpump and IronHistory, I've also noticed a detail you may want to clarify.

Cyberpump Network can be supported by a $12 annual donation. However Joe requests $20 for the expanded access/functionality of IH, and I did not see the duration of time the $20 is good for. Joe does say the donation is for technical support, hence why it goes to Cyberpump. I saw the message that GripBoard also requires registration for participation, though I suspect I may have seen the forum in the process of searching for a fact.

Is the $12 for the network part of the $20 for IH, two separate donations, or a detail that needs to be updated or expanded upon?

Liz

Liz, sorry for the confusion, Yes, the $20 for IH encompasses the fee for cyberpump (you have access to both). Any questions about the GripBoard should be asked of Bill whose email is editor@cyberpump.com. I do know the GripBoard has sponsors, which IH does not.

• Like 1
Joe Roark

Liz, the $20 is annual so it recurs on the anniversary date. You can cancel at any time of course, before the next payment is due.

Elizabeth Yogerst
19 minutes ago, Joe Roark said:

Liz, sorry for the confusion, Yes, the $20 for IH encompasses the fee for cyberpump (you have access to both). Any questions about the GripBoard should be asked of Bill whose email is editor@cyberpump.com. I do know the GripBoard has sponsors, which IH does not.

Thank you for both details.

If a person finds Cyberpump first, pays the $12, then decides they want to specifically support and gain access to specific IH portions, do they put in another $8, wait and pay $20 when the year is up, pay $20 and a new year starts then, ?? ?