Joe Roark

Of Comets and Orbits

Joe Roark

Some of you drop by ironhistory only when prompted by a new find or new question. I call you comet members, rarely seen but reliable.

Others circle the site daily- orbits of course.

Thanks to both types of members, and thanks for following the rules and making our job of moderating easier. Of course, not following the rules results in you becoming a comet with an orbit not to be seen again.

Seriously, what a team of members we have! We head toward completing 16 years in good shape.

PS: thanks to those of you who donate to help the site, lest we all become linear orbits.

peter yates

Thanks to you Joe for keeping things on track [and to Bill of course] 16 coming up and many more to follow hopefully.

Peter.

John McEneany

Any concerns about asteroid strikes or even UFO.s and Alien abductions?    

Joe Roark
12 minutes ago, John McEneany said:

Any concerns about asteroid strikes or even UFO.s and Alien abductions?    

Defences are in place.

John McEneany
15 minutes ago, Joe Roark said:

Defences are in place.

Forearms ready to deflect. Defences as in the fences?

• Like 1

John McEneany
33 minutes ago, John McEneany said:

Forearms ready to deflect. Defences as in the fences?

I will be reckless and not wear an aluminum foil hat. BTW Joe, in a long rambling reopened old thread on the Grip Board which started out bashing Joe Kinney and then became about religion, evolution, faith and creation with the big bang theory making an appearance, you were referred to has the greatest historian. They sometimes make sense over there.

Liam Tweed
31 minutes ago, John McEneany said:

I will be reckless and not wear an aluminum foil hat. BTW Joe, in a long rambling reopened old thread on the Grip Board which started out bashing Joe Kinney and then became about religion, evolution, faith and creation with the big bang theory making an appearance, you were referred to has the greatest historian. They sometimes make sense over there.

Sounds like a forum I’d enjoy 

grip training WITH SOUL or NOT

cool

ill check it out  again thanks 

to be serous I used to enjoy that forum but I’m strictly a entry level ironmind “gripper”

I do have a bunch of other grip devices though 

I wonder how many devices other members own?

the expression toys for boys comes to mind 

so how many grip toys du members own ?

show me yours and I’ll show you mine...

Liam

Joe Roark
36 minutes ago, John McEneany said:

John, thank you for letting me know, but I think my handle is on a limited area- I suspect most students of the game limit the scope, but it is always nice to hear. Several people on IH know more than I about certain topics, and I suspect I know more than some about other topics.

If I have  a strong suit it is never being satisfied, but always looking for more info.

John McEneany

I had many grip devices and used to make them too. These days have only some grippers. Wrist and forearm trainers. Gave nearly all my grip toys away 10 years ago. Sold the blobs Can close a #2 COC most attempts, but very far from once being able to get the handles of a #4 to parallel. Miles away on a #3 currently. Only play with grippers very sporadically. They are less than exciting. I broke the gripper habit years ago. Gave at least half of them to my son.

• Like 1

Dale Credico
On 7/10/2019 at 9:27 AM, Liam Tweed said:

grip training WITH SOUL or NOT

Word coming down from the ascended grip masters is, "To get to heaven, train your grip!" There's no Jacob's ladder, no river Styx in the crossover. Strictly rope ladder. And an exceptional grip is most def required to get from this dimension to the next. Several tests await beyond. . . bending the bars of heaven's gate wide enough to permit entry, bare hand rolling up a series of still-strung harps to create music of the spheres pleasing to the Big Guy's ears, etc. It's actually an infinite list of tests over there, but take heart, they use a slightly different dictionary to define words, terms, and such.

Gripwork. It all pays off, my friends, it all pays off.

• Like 1

John McEneany
8 minutes ago, Dale Credico said:

Word coming down from the ascended grip masters is, "To get to heaven, train your grip!" There's no Jacob's ladder, no river Styx in the crossover. Strictly rope ladder. And an exceptional grip is most def required to get from this dimension to the next. Several tests await beyond. . . bending the bars of heaven's gate wide enough to permit entry, bare hand rolling up a series of still-strung harps to create music of the spheres pleasing to the Big Guy's ears, etc. It's actually an infinite list of tests over there, but take heart, they use a slightly different dictionary to define words, terms, and such.

Gripwork. It all pays off, my friends, it all pays off.

Armsports is the only way to salvation.