Jack Green

Howdy from West Texas

John McEneany

I need a crash course in Martial Arts.. I am no longer able to project an intimidating look.

• Haha 1

Joe Roark
1 hour ago, John McEneany said:

I need a crash course in Martial Arts.. I am no longer able to project an intimidating look.

Remove your makeup, John- see if that works:D

• Haha 1

John McEneany
10 minutes ago, Joe Roark said:

Remove your makeup, John- see if that works:D

Maybe dying the white hair to a steely blue and forming it into a vertical spike would help. The makeup stays for now.

• Like 2

tom balchin

Hi Jack! Nice T-bar set up...

Tom from South East London here - how are you?

(I did American Field Service 25 years ago at Plano East - stayed with a knifemaker and learned how to make custom hunting knives ;) /have you ever made knives as well as guns?

Welcome to IH  ;)

• Like 1

wolf hasenmaier

Stop listening to your politicians perhaps. England and Germany fighting each other is a perversion as is nearly any war. Next time a Churchill tough mouth shall go into an MMA match vs Göring psycho and I have my popcorn ready. Won´t happen because politicians -most of them- are COWARDS. 

On a lighter note I don`t take politics that seriously anymore. 

Edited by wolf hasenmaier
  • Like 2

Jack Green
On 9/5/2019 at 6:49 PM, tom balchin said:

Hi Jack! Nice T-bar set up...

Tom from South East London here - how are you?

(I did American Field Service 25 years ago at Plano East - stayed with a knifemaker and learned how to make custom hunting knives ;) /have you ever made knives as well as guns?

Welcome to IH  ;)

Thanks, Tom; mostly good... some parts better than others. I have never tried making knives although I have rebuilt the scales for several customers. I was pretty happy with tempering when the parts actually became springs. 

Jack Green
On 9/5/2019 at 10:26 AM, wolf hasenmaier said:

My lawyer looks and laughs 1:1
holgerbauer.jpg like him. One of the few really creative lawyers. Hagmann is a German name as well. Texas appears to have many people from the fatherland. 

Wolf, one of my favorite books is German Seed in Texas Soil by Terry Jordan. It details German immigration in the 1830 - 1845 period when Texas was the destination. My own ancestry is from Salzburg in the 1730s, part of Oglethorpe's Colony in Savannah, GA. There are many, many places where German is still spoken here, and lots of folks proudly claim ancestry....especially in the Hill Country. 

• Like 1

wolf hasenmaier
47 minutes ago, Jack Green said:

Wolf, one of my favorite books is German Seed in Texas Soil by Terry Jordan. It details German immigration in the 1830 - 1845 period when Texas was the destination. My own ancestry is from Salzburg in the 1730s, part of Oglethorpe's Colony in Savannah, GA. There are many, many places where German is still spoken here, and lots of folks proudly claim ancestry....especially in the Hill Country. 

Awesome! Hollywood never reflects on that. For boring and hypocritical reasons nothing proGerman ever comes from there (but Hollywood is loosing a lot of its former standing anyway...). As a 10 year old I was told from a colleague of my father who had traveled to Texas to visit his daughter and his son-in-law on their moving day from TX to California that USA and its people are amazing and magic. He was very fond of the Texan Germanfriendly mentality. I can remember what he said to this day, 47 years later... That`s telling ... That has set the seed for me of liking the USA the most (besides GER). Salzburg is a really nice place.   I will definitely include Texas in some of my next travel plans :).

Thank you for sharing Jack. 

• Like 1

Jack Green
21 hours ago, wolf hasenmaier said:

Thank you for sharing Jack. 

You are welcome. If you get out this far holler