Sign in to follow this  
David Hartnett

Gym owner gives free membership to family without water

David Hartnett

And thats why I love this guy, and his gym. (The gym we belong to).

Ted and I grew up on the same street and started lifting together as 12/13 year olds in my parents basement. (The first time he ever saw steel weights he tells people).

He had the plastic sets at home (as I also did). (We also used my Dad's York stuff and my new bench I got for Xmas in 1978. (so 40 years ago).

Great/generous guy, great gym.

HHF Gym Helps Family

And the story from a few weeks back when Fred passed:

Legacy of strength: Local strongman dies at age 95

Edited by David Hartnett

Ray Nobile

david i cannot access the link.message pops up saying due to european union data protection access denied.

Ray Nobile

thanks david both links work.what an amazing man fred archembault was, good gesture also by the gym owner looking after the local family.

peter yates

Hi Dave, good people have good friends and it seems you have a lot of good friends.Good for Ted, i hope his gym continues to prosper.

Peter.

David Hartnett
3 hours ago, peter yates said:

Hi Dave, good people have good friends and it seems you have a lot of good friends.Good for Ted, i hope his gym continues to prosper.

Peter.

Thanks Peter, he's (his gym) been in business 19 years total (I think he bought it 13 years ago) and is mobbed every day, sort of a rare thing it seems these days.

Before that he managed a World Gym in Plaistow before it closed, then he made the move to buy with a partner. He was training a Dr. at the time,and the guy wanted to buy it with Ted, so it worked out..

Cheers..

• Like 1