Andy Chainer

Hello from New Jersey

Andy Chainer

I recently ran into a couple of ironhistory members while searching out vintage York plates and bars. The members were very welcoming and showed me their vintage weight collections. These two guys have just amazing collections and it was the first time I had seen such treasures. I became interested in vintage weights because I have some Bur-Bell plates. Recently I acquired a 70s-80s era York Olympic bar and a set of plates and a 50s-60s York Olympic bar. And here I am, by the suggestion of one of the members, searching out more information on vintage iron. Looking forward to being part of the group and hopefully somewhere along the way I can contribute some worthy information. 

Edited by Andy Chainer

Joe Roark

Andy, welcome to ironhistory! Yes, we have members who are indeed expert in matters of old iron, and members who are expert in other areas. Please do some reading to get a feel for the forum, and I look forward to your input.

Joe

tim culver

Welcome to IH Andy.  

sincerely,              

the staff @ BRUNO'S GYM....;)

Jim Tartas

Hi Andy,

Welcome from another (relatively) new member here. You've found a treasure trove!

Joe Schwartz

Welcome Andy.

Collecting and using iron is a great hobby - one that you can use to your health benefit!  I hope you and the other newer members feel free to ask questions.  We all learn by the answers to these questions.

peter yates

Hi Andy, welcome aboard. As Joe said, there are many members here who really know a lot about old iron and many other iron game subjects. I have certainly learned a lot from them. Good luck with building your collection.

Peter.

Edited by peter yates

Bob Wildes
19 hours ago, Andy Chainer said:

I recently ran into a couple of ironhistory members while searching out vintage York plates and bars. The members were very welcoming and showed me their vintage weight collections. These two guys have just amazing collections and it was the first time I had seen such treasures. I became interested in vintage weights because I have some Bur-Bell plates. Recently I acquired a 70s-80s era York Olympic bar and a set of plates and a 50s-60s York Olympic bar. And here I am, by the suggestion of one of the members, searching out more information on vintage iron. Looking forward to being part of the group and hopefully somewhere along the way I can contribute some worthy information. 

Hey Andy. Is the 50s-60s York bar  seven feet long?

Michael Fallon

Hey Andy,

welcome to a great forum.  Lots of reading if you're prepared to go down the rabbit hole.  Did I mention the loads of great pictures? Did I mention the rabbit hole?    Have fun!

Mike

Jim Duggan

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Forum!

Andy Chainer

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas! Really diggin the old Iron Man mags!

Tommy Otto

Welcome to Iron History Andy!    I'm a close neighbor from Delaware.   Lots of great people here and tons of information.    Good luck with the chase.   

tom davis

Welcome. 

This is the most well behaved forum online.