Joe Roark

We Complete 14 years to begin our 15th at I.H.

Joe Roark

Today starts the 15th year for ironhistory.com! That is about 12 years more that I had foreseen.

Our goal, continues as always to be, to establish a reference site about the iron game by pooling our knowledge and our resources, and from some members, money via donations to help us continue. To donators, thank you for making this site possible.

I turn 75 in January, and who knows how much time I have remaining, but for the immediate future IH will continue.

Perhaps I have learned more about people these past 14 years than in my lifetime before beginning this website. Recently we had a member contact me privately to tell me he had enjoyed his two years here, but that he was leaving, and no further communication was needed. Why? I am clueless. Some people have left angrily, but returned later and have become some of our best members. Go figure. It may be my insistence on accuracy or my intolerance for clowning around, though in my advancing years I did succumb to adding an Off Topics section, which some members misread as Way Off Topic. But it also is civil.

So thanks to everyone for being here, and particularly to those of you who post and continue to built the site. I notice, and I appreciate.

This is a joyride for me!

• Like 6

Debbie Jacobs

To my favorite researcher and objective historian: Congratulations on beginning your 15th year of ironhistory.com!  

Here's to many more years for you, and for your forum :D.

• Like 2

peter yates

Happy birthday Iron History. Thanks for making it a good place to visit Joe. As Debbie says many more years to you and the forum.

Peter.

Jim Duggan

Happy Birthday Iron History. And congratulations Joe! Great job and a great forum! I've only been in for a year, but I thoroughly enjoy it, and hope that it continues got many Year's!

Live long and prosper!

tom davis

I have been here since jan 2009.

I love it and how the members are civil and act like adults.

• Like 1

Joe Schwartz

Happy Birthday IronHistory.  Yes, great site, Joe.  I hope it will continue ad infinitum.  Thanks to everyone who makes it what it is.

alan palmieri

Joe -

The thanks goes to you for all the effort and work you have put into IH. It delivers on all the points you wanted to achieve. There is so much more here than one realizes. Thanks for all you do.

Alan

Mark Mills

Happy Birthday IronHistory!

reevescake.jpg

Thomas Klose

A belated happy birthday to the IH forum.

Best site (forum) there is on strength history with a great group of members.

Thank you to Wolfgang Hasenmaier for alerting me and inviting me to this fine website in 2004!

Thanks a lot, Joe and the mods as well as the contributors!

Thomas

carl linich

I found out about this site  from Reuben Weaver. I think of him every day. Let's keep it going.

Joe Roark

Reuben's passing at such a young age is one of the sad moments to anyone who knew him. A wonderful man!

wolf hasenmaier

Happy birthday to the best strength site on the web.

Jarett Hulse

14 years?  Merely a teenager. Let's double down on squats and in 4 years we'll be in beast mode.

Al Leung

Congratulations, Joe!  And thanks!

Mike Fera

Best iron game site on the web, thanks Joe