Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth Adams

Hello from Michigan

Kenneth Adams    8
Kenneth Adams

Hello all. I have started building my own home gym after the birth of my son. Meeting up with people on Craigslist to get cheap Iron I found some York Plates and I was hooked. I was already a huge fan of the York Roundhead Dumbbells (Not the new "Legacy Series"). I own 5-60's now. I would not call myself a collector, because I use this stuff. I like the thought of "Made in the USA" products, and I really just make me feel better working out with my "Made in the USA" York Plates and Dumbbells. Trying to research York Iron I have found no resources. I thought I would try this site and see I could get help identifying Iron, and educating myself. I got a little nervous when I found out some of the made in China looks very similar to the "Made in the USA." I signed up for the level 3 contributor, $20 is a small price to pay to get educated, and if it helps the site out even better!

• Like 1

Joe Schwartz    51
Joe Schwartz

Hi Ken.

Welcome to the site.  I too collect and lift with vintage York iron in my garage gym.  Most of my plates, dumbbells, and bars are from the 70s and before.  You have come to a good site and I think you should be able to get quite a bit of help from folks on this site regarding York equipment.  The search function is very helpful as well.  Feel free to post questions and hopefully some of us will have the answer.

• Like 1

Joe Roark    2,407
Joe Roark

Welcome to ironhistory, Kenneth, and thank you for donating.

• Like 1

Anthony LaPrise    9
Anthony LaPrise

Welcome Ken! It's nice to see some new local blood on here. Enjoy!