Peter Higgins

Hello from Maine

Peter Higgins

Hi,  my name is Pete Higgins from Maine.   I'm a retired teacher/FB/SB coach and a lifter since 1964.  I competed in O lifting, P lifting and entered a few physique contests.  Interested in following the different threads on history and maybe adding to some.  Thanks for the opportunity.

Joe Schwartz

Hi Peter.  Welcome to the forum.  I am looking forward to your participation.

Joe

Joe Roark
28 minutes ago, Peter Higgins said:

Hi,  my name is Pete Higgins from Maine.   I'm a retired teacher/FB/SB coach and a lifter since 1964.  I competed in O lifting, P lifting and entered a few physique contests.  Interested in following the different threads on history and maybe adding to some.  Thanks for the opportunity.

So, you won Mr. Maine on Oct 15, 1967? and placed 2nd in short class Mr. Vacationland on July 05, 1975? Same man? Welcome in either case. Those are the only two show I have filed for you. If you have more to share I will add them.

Actually I may have more contests in another file, but you might save me some time:D

• Like 2

peter yates

Hi Peter,welcome and nice to have you aboard.I am sure you have much of interest to share.

Peter.

Peter Higgins

Wow!  Totally blown away.  You are correct.  The meet director in 1967 didn't report the results to the local newspaper and I am surprised that you found that info.  I entered only 3 physique contests as O lifting was more interesting to me and then when the press ( my preferred lift) was dropped  I moved into P lifting. I won 6 NE Championships in a row from 73-78 (65's and 81's) while Joe Zarella was in power.  Lifted for Gilley's Gym( Ernie was a college classmate) in many meets.  P lifting was quite big with many fine lifters(Marty Joyce, the Hackett bros, Pete Erskine, Stan Wheaton, Gilley, etc) in  Maine. Lots of memories.   I will enjoy this site.

jim eckhardt

Welcome Pete,   this is a great place to land.   Hope you are enjoying retirement!

• Like 1

Harold Forsko

Welcome. I'm originally from Portland, Maine.

Peter Higgins

Hi Harold,

You must be somewhat familiar with some of the 60s-80s lifters of the area  Israelson, Joyce, Erskine, Robinson, Chambers, and so on as there were many good lifters from that area.  I lifted for Lisbon BBC as well as Gilley's.  Thank you for the welcome.

Pete

Andy O'Neill

Welcome to the forum from Scotland !

• Like 1

Ray Nobile

welcome from bulgaria.

• Like 1