Andy O'Neill

Hello from Scotland

Andy O'Neill

Hello ,  iv just discovered this site and joined , i am an ex Olympic Weightlifter and strength sport enthusiast from Scotland  ,  I see  that one of Scotland' and Great Britains best ever  Power Lifting  and   Bodybuilders the imortal Ray Nobile   is on here  contributing from time to time   ,  Hello Ray   !    It's great to hear that he is fit and well and still in great condition as always .  Ray competed in the golden era in powerlifting for Scotland and GB I saw him lift and was always pleased to see him compete  and break records  he was a great guy and competitor ! GB and Scotland had world class powerlifters in the 70s and 80s for such a small nation we did well with guys like Ray , Mike Duffy , Dave Caldwell John Maxwell from Scotland all world class Powerlifters. !!!!!!!! Powerlifting was on the up for sure !  Those were the days ! Olympic lifting was a good bit behind Powerlifting at international level for a number of reasons  at that time , Commonwealth Games glory was as much as we could hope for and we got a few medals !  

• Like 2

Joe Roark

Welcome to ironhistory, Andy!

Andy O'Neill

Thanks very much Joe , I look forward to using this forum and great website !  

peter yates

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum mate. You will find many interesting  facts and information here and a great group of members.

Peter.

David Pelto

Welcome aboard Andy. You have come to the right place.

Dale Credico

Very happy to see you here!
Warm welcome to you.

Andy O'Neill
9 hours ago, Andy O'Neill said:

Hello ,  iv just discovered this site and joined , i am an ex Olympic Weightlifter and strength sport enthusiast from Scotland  ,  I see  that one of Scotland' and Great Britains best ever  Power Lifting  and   Bodybuilders the imortal Ray Nobile   is on here  contributing from time to time   ,  Hello Ray   !    It's great to hear that he is fit and well and still in great condition as always .  Ray competed in the golden era in powerlifting for Scotland and GB I saw him lift and was always pleased to see him compete  and break records  he was a great guy and competitor ! GB and Scotland had world class powerlifters in the 70s and 80s for such a small nation we did well with guys like Ray , Mike Duffy , Dave Caldwell John Maxwell from Scotland all world class Powerlifters. !!!!!!!! Powerlifting was on the up for sure !  Those were the days ! Olympic lifting was a good bit behind Powerlifting at international level for a number of reasons  at that time , Commonwealth Games glory was as much as we could hope for and we got a few medals !  

1 hour ago, Dale Credico said:

Warm welcome to you.

Thanks very much !

Andy O'Neill
1 hour ago, Dale Credico said:

Warm welcome to you.

Edited by Andy O'Neill

Andy O'Neill
2 hours ago, David Pelto said:

Welcome aboard Andy. You have come to the right place.

Edited by Andy O'Neill

Andy O'Neill
1 minute ago, Andy O'Neill said:

Thanks very much !

Andy O'Neill
26 minutes ago, Andy O'Neill said:

Edited by Andy O'Neill

Andy O'Neill
6 hours ago, peter yates said:

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum mate. You will find many interesting  facts and information here and a great group of members.

Peter.

Thanks very much !

Andy O'Neill
7 hours ago, peter yates said:

Peter.

Thanks very much !

Ray Nobile

hi andy, thank you for the compliments. im flatered. welcome to i.h. its a well run place with a bunch of great members with huge knowledge of the iron game.

Jim Duggan

Hello Andy! Welcome to the forum!

Andy O'Neill
3 hours ago, Ray Nobile said:

hi andy, thank you for the compliments. im flatered. welcome to i.h. its a well run place with a bunch of great members with huge knowledge of the iron game.

Hi Ray , no problem ! I was a friend of the late Chris Maitland who knew you when you trained in Coatbridge gym , Chris always spoke highly of you when he came up to Springburn weightlifting Club where I trained,  Chris coached and encouraged   , and I remember seeing you lift at the Chrysler Weightlifting  Club or The Airport Club as it was renamed in Linwood it must have been about 1979 poss Scottish or Western Districts Champs  you lifted great that day as I recall ,  one of my lifelong friends is Eddie New he used to train in Coatbridge with you , I still see Eddie  regularly  he still tell guys about your amaizing seated press behind the neck lifts !!!!

I bumped into you many years later in Bellshill   , I saw the silhouette of a guy in fire service dress uniform from the rear doing an safety  inspection in the Mercedes Benz dealership where I worked , tiny waist and huge shoulders,  I thought the  only guy to possibly give the fire service such a difficult job in providing a uniform must be  Ray Nobile , I shouted Ray from a distance and you turned round it was a pretty easy guess lol 

You told me you were back doing bodybuilding  enjoying it but that you did like your grub lol 

• Like 3

Andy O'Neill
3 hours ago, Jim Duggan said:

Hello Andy! Welcome to the forum!

Hi thanks very much !

Ray Nobile

andy, ive sent you a p.m.

Andy O'Neill
35 minutes ago, Ray Nobile said:

andy, ive sent you a p.m.

Yes I got it mate iv replied !

Thomas Klose

Welcome to Iron History,Andy!

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

Andy O'Neill
56 minutes ago, Thomas Klose said:

Welcome to Iron History,Andy!

Greetings from Germany

Thomas

Thanks for the warm welcome from all who greeted me on joining IM it's appreciated  

Andy O'Neill
4 hours ago, Andy O'Neill said:

Iv sent you a picture of Eddie and Misha Koklaev I took in Glasgow last summer !

Wes Rittenhouse

Welcome to Iron History Andy.

Andy O'Neill
2 hours ago, Wes Rittenhouse said:

Welcome to Iron History Andy.

Hello , thanks for the welcome !

Andy O'Neill
17 hours ago, Andy O'Neill said:

Il  try resend PM  again  sorry it never worked yesterday !