Jim Duggan

Greetings from New York

tim culver

Jim, i've noticed you DO NOT have an avatar yet.  forgive me sir, i'm sure your sick of this by now but, I COULD'NT RESIST !!! ;) p.s.  I hope your sense of humor is still intact since we last spoke....

7_53uXwp.jpg

• Like 1

Jim Duggan

I thought you were my friend!

Sense of humor: Yes

Avatar: Not if THAT'S my only choice! I actually tried to upload a picture but they're all too big. I have to work on it.

tim culver
18 minutes ago, Jim Duggan said:

I thought you were my friend!

Sense of humor: Yes

Avatar: Not if THAT'S my only choice! I actually tried to upload a picture but they're all too big. I have to work on it.

I am your friend Jim, that's why i suggested this avatar !!! :lol:  Bruno fans stick together.

David Hartnett

Jim, I wish I knew you were there (AOBS), I would have looked for you. I think you inherited some collectibles from me if I'm not mistaken?

(Sig Klein Barbell Stein, etc)?

Jim Duggan

Yes, Bruno fans stick together.....in all sorts of weather!!!!

Hey Dave,

I certainly do have some cool stuff from you. The Stein is awesome.  It's right next to the original  can of Hoffmans Gain Weight. I don't know why you told me not to drink it, it tasted great! ( only kidding! )

Paul Quinn

Jim,

Welcome to IH.  Glad you made it here.  I know you from EBay where you have purchased some items I had for sale over the past couple of years.  I was at the AOBS but did not stay for the dinner. Which I had known you were there, would have enjoyed meeting you.

You will enjoy this web site!

Paul

Jim Duggan

Hi Paul,

I would have liked to attend the collectors meeting, but I got there late, and missed most of it. The weightlifting seminar was about what I expected. The dinner was OK. The best part was the strength demonstration by Steve Weiner and Pat Povilaitus. 

I'm already enjoying the site. Trying to catch up with reading all the past posts!

peter yates

Hi everyone, like Jim Duggan i do not know why it took me so long to join but my buddy Dave Hartnett prompted me the other day so here I am. my name is Peter Yates and I am 65 and have been training since I was 10 starting out lifting stones in an old quarry. I have also been practicing various martial arts since age 14.I have a great interest in all things related to strength, health and personal cultivation. I am especially interested in the old timers and physical culture history and most of all enjoy the community and camaraderie of like minded individuals.I have also been practicing acupuncture since 1976 and hopefully guided a few folks to healthier lifestyles. I have written a few articles on strength training, martial arts and acupuncture. Originally from England i lived in the orient for around 15 years and came to the US in 1997 and now have dual nationality and live on Long Island NY. Many of the names on this site are familiar to me and i hope to get to know everyone better.

Regards, Peter.

• Like 1

Jim Duggan

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the forum! I took your picture with Mike Fera the morning after the AOBS reunion. Hope all is well.

peter yates

Hi Jim, thank you. I should have had my picture taken with you too. Hopefully next time. I have always enjoyed your articles in dinosaur files and more recently on Bob Wheelan's site. All well this end and hope it is the same with you.

Joe Roark

Jim and Peter, good to have you on IH!

carl linich

Welcome Peter, it's good to have you,and Jim on IH.

peter yates

Thank you to Joe and Carl for your welcome.I hope i can contribute something to the forum as time goes on. Got a lot to catch up on,great stuff.