Sign in to follow this  
Joseph Salinski

Another from Delaware - Hi Everybody!

Joseph Salinski

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. My father and uncle introduced me to lifting when I was 12 and I am still going well into my 40's. A few years ago, I got tired of my mismatched weights and bought some York plates (which turned out to be Hoffman's) off of craigslist from Charlie in Lincoln, DE. I have always been into old American made stuff, especially metal stuff, since you can feel the quality and it seems to have a soul to me. I have old wrought iron ornamental window grates, iron architectural columns I collected, etc. Why didn't I put this together before? I love lifting and old iron. Some time later, I bought a complete set of Yorks from Gene which included some milled plates. I gained a whole new inspiration in moving the old plates around. Well that just set me off on a mission and I began collecting milled plates when I could find them. I mostly paid through the nose on Ebay but found a few local gems here and there. I currently have several pairs of milled 45's through 5's and even a pair of 2 1/2's. For bars there are a couple of 80's pinned 7' bars and a few split sleeve EZ curl bars. Two with no knurling and a more modern 90's version.

So far, I only collect stuff that I lift (ok..I really can't lift that much). My goal at this point is to kind of trade into older stuff like a threaded donut 60's bar and York deep dish 45's. I take a lot of interest in all old iron...not just York, but I have to be somewhat reasonable with what I take in. Tommy Otto let me know about this site and so far it has been a wealth of info. Great pics, interesting topics and lots of envy! I look forward to reading deeper into the posts and gaining some more knowledge of the history of this sport / hobby / obsession.

Joe Roark

Welcome to our little island of iron. :D

tim culver

welcome Joe, your southern (MD.) NEIGHBOR.

David Hartnett

Welcome Joe... A great site here for all things irongame!

carl linich

Welcome Joe, If you like iron, you will like this site. :)

Tommy Otto

Welcome Joe, glad to see you made it. You will meet lots of super nice people here that share our interests!

Joseph Salinski

Thanks for making me feel welcomed everyone! :)

Joseph Salinski

My modest collection. Thanks for the squat stands Tommy!

post-8519-0-40389400-1452732155_thumb.jp

post-8519-0-17290400-1452732160_thumb.jp

post-8519-0-77299800-1452732160_thumb.jp

David Pelto

My modest collection. Thanks for the squat stands Tommy!

You are well on your way, Joseph!

Frank Gilmore Sr.

Welcome Joe.

Bob Hornick

Welcome to the site Joe. :) ....

Gene Embert

Welcome Joseph! Nice set up man. I like the matching tall weight trees, pretty cool. Lots of great folks here.

Dave Hallissey

Welcome Joe...if your your looking for "envy" producing pics and topics of rare old iron... this is the place :)

Dave

Brian Bulack

Welcome Joe! Ahh yes the rim rattler in Lincoln, DE, was fun meeting him as well. Welcome to the forum! Its an expensive black hole, and I love every second

Wes Rittenhouse

Welcome to Iron History Joe !

Paul Quinn

Joe, Welcome to the site.

Paul