Sign in to follow this  
Greg Capace

Hello from Chi Town !

Greg Capace

I'm a die hard Cubs fan (THIS is the year !). Two show competed two wins, Jr. Mr. Chicago & Jr. Mr. Illinois. I stopped competing, as I saw the sport,. even at a state level was going !!!!

Joe Roark

What year did you compete?

Ed Mines

There is no pot of gold when you win a physique contest. Greg you are not the only one who retired after winning 2 contests. Some retire after winning one contest. Some retire after entering one contest.

Many big winners have little to show for their efforts.

Bob Fett

Welcome Greg.

Keep an eye out for our other notable Chicago resident, the eminent Professor of Iron-OCD, Dr. Terrence Strand.

He lives down by the river...under the overpass...in an old abandoned bus.

1cdf066213b25cc6b605b0be1c05d2e4_large.j

• Like 1

Greg Capace

I know all out about Terry. He went to a wedding, of a friend of his, with his STUPID bodybuilding notebook ! he did the same thing to me, when he came to my crib, just once. First & THE VERY LAST TIME, FOR SURE.

WHAT WAS HE THINKING ?????????????????????

• Like 1

Bob Fett

Mongo love Chicago style pizza.

chicago-style_pizza.jpg

Joe Roark

Bob, I assume you and Greg are poking some good natured fun at Terry- that you are friends? Otherwise this is not appropriate. Probably belongs in the Off Topic area.

Greg Capace

Sure, good friends. He does go overboard, for sure !!

What was even more funnier then his bodybuilding notebook story, is when he invites himself, over to watch Mr.. Olympia on TV, and he trash talks every competitor, & is pointing out the obvious usage of steroids, & making comments about gyno !!!!!

In several posts he does trash talk almost every pro bodybuilder, & he even trash talks Dr. Oz !!!

I know all about his position on steroids, (VERY NEGATIVE), & I have read several of his posts, but OMG, opinions are one thing, but facts are another !!

Bob Fett

Bob, I assume you and Greg are poking some good natured fun at Terry- that you are friends? Otherwise this is not appropriate. Probably belongs in the Off Topic area.

Joe, I certainly consider Terry a friend. I would hope he knows I am kidding around with him. I would not want to cause any hurt to him.

Greg, I am just kidding around about Terry. I think you are too. I try to be careful in my kidding and not cross the line.

One has to careful not to go to far and insult someone or cause personal hurt, particularly on Forums where the written word can be easily miscontrued. So be careful. Terry is a good man. I admit to agreement with Terry on mostly everything he says.

I think Joe is correct and I will make no further comments in this thread about Terry.

Terry, Love you Iron bro. (In a manly, heterosexual way of course).

Edited by Bob Fett

Greg Capace

I don't mind Terry's opinions on steroids, BUT, what I do mind is when he trash talks bodybuilders. I have a friend of mine, his son is really interested in completion. This kid does look real good, and when he read what Terry posted. & he was very upset, that anyone who trashes others, has no respect for himself.

I would NEVER trash talk any athlete, even if I never watch the sport, AT ALL !

Bob Fett

I understand Greg.

Here's my opinion for 2 cents.

I'd advise your friend to discourage his son from getting involved in competitive bodybuilding. There is no way to even compete, not less win, without getting on the drug wagon which is a road to nowhere. I'd discourage it if my own kids had an interest. Training for health? Yes! Competition? No!

I'd even go so far as to not even encourage competitive sport, whether in school or extra-curricular. As strange as this may sound I believe time is better spent on academics. I speak from personal experience both with myself and my own kids

The USA is OCD on sports. Way too much emphasis on it. People are insane about it.

I would highly recommend having the kid take extra academic classes, particularly math classes and getting additional tutoring in math so the kid can really get ahead in life.

Edited by Bob Fett

Ed Mines

If you are really interested in something nobody is going to change your mind.

Maybe the kid isn't academically inclined; no one should push anyone else into anything.

Greg, it didn't take long for you to find out about winning physique contests. let this kid learn himself.

What about all those average high school football players who are still suffering from concussions of long ago?

Or the smarta.... of all ages who use recreational drugs?

• Like 1

Greg Capace

He wants to become an MD ! He admires Dr. Dan Gwartney !! You can do both, just look at Dr. Dan !!

Yes, I know all about competition bodybuilding. Ever since I saw Steve Reeves as Hercules, that was all I ever needed.

He's a born again Christian, like me, does NO DRUGS AT ALL, NO DRINKING, NO SMOKING & he has a good head on his HUGE shoulders !

Bob Fett

He wants to become an MD ! He admires Dr. Dan Gwartney !! You can do both, just look at Dr. Dan !!

Yes, I know all about competition bodybuilding. Ever since I saw Steve Reeves as Hercules, that was all I ever needed.

He's a born again Christian, like me, does NO DRUGS AT ALL, NO DRINKING, NO SMOKING & he has a good head on his HUGE shoulders !

Greg,

You answered your own question right there:

"He's a born again Christian, like me, does NO DRUGS AT ALL, NO DRINKING, NO SMOKING & he has a good head on his HUGE shoulders!"

Competitive bodybuilding is not for him. And that's a good thing.

Unless he wants you to re-write your description of him to this:

"He's a born again Christian, like me, does lots of DRUGS, NO DRINKING, NO SMOKING & he doesn't have any sense in his head on his HUGE shoulders!"

Edited by Bob Fett

Greg Capace

• This kid has the GOD given genetics, to be a champion Small joints, wide shoulders, narrow hips.

Since he is in Pre-Med, he has the brains as well as the body !!!

He said, "Using steroids IS LAME !!"

Yes, it can be done, without drugs, BUT it's almost impossible.

Don't be like others, encourage, not discourage

Edited by Greg Capace
  • Like 1

Bob Fett
  • This kid has the GOD given genetics, to be a champion Small joints, wide shoulders, narrow hips.
  • Since he is in Pre-Med, he has the brains as well as the body !!!
  • He said, "Using steroids IS LAME !!"
  • Yes, it can be done, without drugs, BUT it's almost impossible.
  • Don't be like others, encourage, not discourage

It CANNOT be done without drugs.

Why encourage him to go down a path where he cannot be successful? Unless you are talking about competing in natural bodybuilding contests, where it is very suspect those guys are really natural.

It's a long way from Pre-Med to being a fully-fledged doctor. It takes an extreme amount of dedication and years of more schooling and training. You are around 30-32 years old by the time you finish residency. I do encourage him in this and wish him the best on his journey.

Greg Capace

Bob

Have you ever competed or used steroids ?

I have done both & steroids will take you places you could never get to, in 100 years, of training. By the way, I never have had ANY SIDE EFFECTS AT ALL !

This kid, by the way is in Mensa !! His IQ is like 175. He speaks 5 languages as well.

How do you know that you won't be successful, UNLESS YOU TRY ?