Sign in to follow this  
Joe Roark

New Members, please read

Joe Roark

Lately, the first question I receive privately from new members is where should they post with questions about Old Iron.

The answer is in the Old Iron Depot and Exchange.

BUT.

Members have decided that until you accumulate 100 posts that you should not have access to that area, or, if you decide to become a contributor at the higher level, you can have immediate access. This is a $20 annual fee, recurring every year. You may stop at any time after the first year, but we will not refund the first payment. Why? To prevent someone from contributing, gaining access and then after a couple of months gathering all the info they wanted, asking for a refund.

To become a contributor, go here: http://www.ironhistory.com/forum/index.php?app=subscriptions

Please be aware that Bill handles these transactions, and that he works during the day, so it may take until evening for him to be able to process the matter.

We have some members who continue to contribute even though they have many hundreds of posts. That is apparently their way of helping support the costs of running this site, and we sincerely appreciate all such contributors. Not one penny comes to me- it is used to offset the costs of running the site.

May I ask that if you refer someone to this forum, someone who is interested in the Old Iron, that you explain this situation at that time...

Thank you for understanding.