andrew graves

New member from Tennessee

andrew graves

Joined today and looking forward to learning and being a part of this great group. Big thank you for all the tech support today while I was getting started.

Joe Roark

Andrew, welcome to ironhistory.com. A decade long bank of information. Use the search function to get an idea what has been going on. Please join in.

Bob Hornick

Andrew, Welcome to Iron History.

andrew graves

Thanks Bob!

andrew graves

Thanks Joe. Looking forward to learn more history and be an active member. Thanks for your help yesterday.

Joe Roark

Andrew, thank you for being a contributor.

Edward Brown

Welcome Andrew!

andrew graves

Thanks Edward.

Edward Brown

Want for stuff have you collected so far or what would you like to find?

Gene Embert

Welcome Andrew!

andrew graves

Thanks Gene. Nice collection you added today.

andrew graves

Anyone familiar with Chaoco Barbell? Looking to see where they were manufactured. Thanks.

andrew graves

Any material or pictures of older Russian barbell manufactures! Thanks.

Charles Layton

Welcome from a fellow Tennessee Resident! A local (Knoxville) barbell manufacturer was Keller Foundry. I still don't know much about the company, but know they were somehow related to Helen Keller and owned the property off of Fort Loudoun lake known as Kellers Bend.

Chuck

andrew graves

Thanks Chuck. My first set was Kellar Foundry. Still have them. Looks like you have a nice garage gym.

Ulf Salvin

Welcome to IH, Andrew! You´ll find a bunch of nice people here - and some world class knowledge if the Iron Game!

andrew graves

Thanks Ulf. Site is full of incredible information and history. Really enjoying the forum so far.

Martin Paz

Welcome Andrew! I've seen some cool pictures of old Russian barbell sets! They apparently liked to use threaded sleeves on their Olympic Bars. I've seen Russian Weightlifter Dmitry Klokov using one. Here is a YouTube video of a bunch of amazing vintage barbells! Plus, in the first 8 seconds you can see a Russian weight lifter holding two ends of the threaded Olympic Barbell sleeves.

If you find out anymore info I would love to know a well.

Edited by Martin Paz

Paul Quinn

Martin,

Thanks for the You Tube video, I have not seen that before. As far as Russian sets go, a couple of members here on IH have them, and they posted pictures and there is a lot of information on them in the Old Iron Depot Section. Once you can get in there you will find some great information on those sets.

Paul

Paul Quinn

Anyone familiar with Chaoco Barbell? Looking to see where they were manufactured. Thanks.

Andrew, Welcome. No we have not seen that brand here before. I don't know anything about it. But since it has KG and lbs. on it, it is probally 80's or newer, but that is a guess. A lot of times that all we can do is guess unmless a memebr has particular / personal knowledge of the brand.

I have a running list of barbell brands and where they were from and or dates when they were around under the Old Iron Depot Section. I have almost 375 brands of plates on that list and need to update it with about 25 more brands that have been posted since I oringally did that list. So I will add the Chaoco brand to the list.

Thanks!

Paul

Martin Paz

Martin,Thanks for the You Tube video, I have not seen that before. As far as Russian sets go, a couple of members here on IH have them, and they posted pictures and there is a lot of information on them in the Old Iron Depot Section. Once you can get in there you will find some great information on those sets.Paul

No problem Paul! Great, I can't wait to learn more!

Ben Bell

Welcome Andrew!

Ben Bell

I have a pair of the Chaoco 2.5lb plates. I purchased them a year or so ago from Dynabody near Knoxville.

I also think I've seen either a pair of 5s or 10s at the local (Brentwood, TN) Play it again Sports.

Edited by Ben Bell

andrew graves

I like the Chaocos Ben. Any idea where they were made?

andrew graves

Happy Birthday Bob Wildes!