Joe Roark

Ferrigno plates

Joe Roark

These plates were made by Lou Ferrigno;s brother, not Lou- correct?

post-3-0-44493000-1373371927_thumb.jpg

mike bondurant

I believe Lou set up his Dad in the barbell business and these plates were one of the items sold by him. This was before they had the tiff and Lou revealed that his father had mistreated him as a child.

Mike B. O=O

Joe Roark

Thanks, Mike.

Ed Mines

I heard it was his father and brother selling the weights, not Lou.

They had a retail store in Brooklyn but the weights may have been sold at other places.

In 1981 I worked out in a gym in the western suburbs of Cleveland that had a complete set of dumbells made with Ferrigno plates. The dumbells were a very dull green, kind of like the hulk himself.

stephen j duyka

andy ferrigno and his father matt had two stores one in brooklyn and one in stewartsville new jersey. the new jersey store is still in operation and run by andy who lives in bethlehem pa.. his mother used to be at the old store back in the olden days. not to get to into it but lou wasn't to pleased with matty's and andy's efforts. pic is of the lat machine they used to sell back in the day. ferrigno plates on the bench press machine.

post-1330-0-61821800-1373402310_thumb.jp

post-1330-0-14109300-1373402403_thumb.jp

stephen j duyka
  1. leg ext leg curl bench also ferrigno's most of equipment was silver with black upolhstry

andy ferrigno and his father matt had two stores one in brooklyn and one in stewartsville new jersey. the new jersey store is still in operation and run by andy who lives in bethlehem pa.. his mother used to be at the old store back in the olden days. not to get to into it but lou wasn't to pleased with matty's and andy's efforts. pic is of the lat machine they used to sell back in the day. ferrigno plates on the bench press machine.

Jon Meade

As terribly expensive as it is nowadays to cast barbell plates, or dumbbells, I wonder

how in the world selling such items exclusively in your own stores could be cost effective

and profitable? The only way to make this stuff profitable I'm assuming is to have national

distributorship.

Paul Quinn

I am not very familar with the Ferrigno brand. I thought Lou made his own line of plates that came in green and then his brother / father also sold Ferrigno weight plates (as stated above).

I have (4) 1.25 lb. LOU FERRIGNIO plates. (only ones I have ever come across). 2 of them came out of a storage locker in FL and 2 came out of NJ. Only one of them was green (the others are black) and it appears to be the oringal paint. All 4 of them have "India" on them as in Made in India.

I have pictued the only green one I have below. I am assuming this was made and sold by Lou F. since it has Lou's name on it. Not sure when these were made.

Paul

post-4340-0-69375800-1374350890_thumb.jp

Gene Embert

I have 4 Ferrigno 45 pounders (2) Bumpers and (2) Plates.

Bob Fett

I have two 25lb. Ferrigno standard plates.

Gene Embert

I think I have (4) of the 25's as well now that I think of it. I like the bumpers because the inside is finished in a deep blue. I'll have to take some pics.

stephen j duyka

i think some of the earliest plates they sold had lou ferrigno on them i have two black standard plates with lou's name that i bought off matty.. all the rest [olympic plates] have just the ferrigno name on them 2 45 blue bumpers, 4-45 black , 6-25 black,10-10 lbs 6-5's 2-2 and a half. pic of woman with the plates in the initial post is janet tech i do believe.

stephen j duyka

i think some of the earliest plates they sold had lou ferrigno on them i have two black standard plates with lou's name that i bought off matty.. all the rest [olympic plates] have just the ferrigno name on them 2 45 blue bumpers, 4-45 black , 6-25 black,10-10 lbs 6-5's 2-2 and a half. pic of woman with the plates in the initial post is janet tech i do believe.

ferrigno

post-1330-0-32928600-1375810306_thumb.jp

post-1330-0-36921200-1375810410_thumb.jp

Edward Brown

I never came across any of these plates yet but wouldnt mind finding some 1 1/4's or 2.5's.

Martin Paz

I've seen some of these plates before! I wonder what drove them to try their luck at the plate bus?

Michael Fallon

My guess would be that they thought it would be profitable?

Gene Embert

I also have the 10's, 5's, and 2.5's. the only thing I'm missing are the 35's and a barbell.

David Hartnett

I have some plates like Stephan posted, in post #13. I have 2- 50's and 1-35 lb. plate. I sent the 2 - 25's to Joe D'Agostino a couple years ago.

I got them all at the scarp yard for like 15 cents a lb.

post-7768-0-20827500-1377769025_thumb.jp

Todd Newman

I picked all of these up recently. I am very curious about the bumper plates. They were still in the packaging in brand new condition. Has anyone seen these before?

post-7774-0-12694500-1380238815_thumb.jp

post-7774-0-66505300-1380238832_thumb.jp

post-7774-0-75977500-1380238853_thumb.jp

andrew graves

Nice bumper plates Todd.

Todd Newman

Thanks Andrew. I am hoping to get some information about them so I can decide whether I should just display them or if I should just go ahead and use them. It's tempting since I sold my CAP bumper plates as soon As I got these to make room.

Daniel Hardisky

These plates were made by Lou Ferrigno;s brother, not Lou- correct?

Plates?? What plates??

Gene Embert

I have a pair of the bumpers Todd. They are like yours but inset in a deep blue. I posted some pics in my gallery some time back.

Todd Newman

It looks like the blue area on those plates is iron with a rubber edge around the plate. Is that right? If so, they are different. The bumpers I have are all rubber (or iron completely encased in rubber, I believe) with a brass sleeve.

Very nice gallery BTW!

MIchael Collins

Some Lou Ferrigno and Ferrigno standard plates. The 50s are same size, but 2 different molds (lettering on one is larger).

post-7869-0-84694200-1408829834_thumb.jp

post-7869-0-45767600-1408829861_thumb.jp

post-7869-0-46905600-1408829871_thumb.jp

post-7869-0-70407800-1408829884_thumb.jp