Sign in to follow this  
Bill Piche

IronHistory Contributor Groups

Joe Roark

Just a word to reinforce my appreciation to those of you who have become contributors to ironhistory.com. Bill and I appreciate the support, and the money goes toward continuing our forum.

Joe

Joe Roark

It has been two months since my last reminder of contributing. Thanks to those who have done so, and to others, please consider it.

Gene Embert

I'm on board. I certainly appreciate the work involved to keep something like this going. I enjoy reading and learning from a lot of the threads. A lot of very experienced, knowledgeable, and courteous folks here. Thanks again for tolerating this noob and my noob questions.

Joe Roark

Thank you, Gene- very much appreciated. This site will continue by contributions such as yours, or it will fold. We do not sell anything else.

Joe Roark

One of our new members wondered what the stars attached to some members' logos meant, so I am bumping this.

Todd Newman

Thanks Joe. I am very glad to finally have figured out the meaning of the stars. Now I just have to find more time to peruse the even greater volumes of information. I am looking forward to it!

Todd Newman

BTW, the appearance of my Forums page changed significantly after I became a contributor. It is missing a number of things that were there previously. Can you tell me how to correct that?

Thanks

Joe Roark

BTW, the appearance of my Forums page changed significantly after I became a contributor. It is missing a number of things that were there previously. Can you tell me how to correct that?

Thanks

Todd, I will ask Bill and get back to you. Can you be more specific? If you write specifics to Bill Piche telling him in detail what changed, he may be able to help.

editor@cyberpump.com

Thanks.

Todd Newman

I will give that a try later. Thanks Joe.

andrew graves

Todd- looks like you are closing in on the magic 100 post #!

Todd Newman

Todd- looks like you are closing in on the magic 100 post #!

Well I sure wont pass this opportunity to thank you for your reply and whittle it down to only 10 more.

Martin Paz

I'm happy to help as well Bill! I just set up my IH Contributor Level 3!

Joe Roark

Martin, thank you! And thanks to everyone else who has contributed to keep the site running. Bill and I truly appreciate the help!

• Like 1

Martin Paz

My pleasure Joe! As a previous member stated, small price to pay for a great forum! :)

Joe Roark

I have been thinking...and have decided the following.

Anyone who becomes a contributor here to ironhistory.com in the future will have access to Old Iron from the start.

Those who have already contributed but have fewer than 100 posts can also be granted this if they contact Bill at: editor@cyberpump.com and request it.

This may seem unfair to some, and perhaps it is, but it is because of contributors that there is an ironhistory.com to praise or to complain about. This is one way to reward those who help us continue. If we did not continue, no one would see Old Iron or any other forum here because we would NOT BE HERE.

Bill has carried every cost associated with this forum for the past ten years. (and has done so with NO COMPLAINING) In exchange I write for his cyberpump.com once per week. My reasoning is this- and I am sincere here- if members are not willing to pay a small amount to help with expenses, that is their absolute right, but it is also right/correct that those who do help in such a way be rewarded by early access to Old Iron.

Those who choose not to help financially will still be welcome members (I realize the financial times), indeed some of our best members are not donors with money but with invaluable other resources, and this message is not intended to convey any meaning other than the new policy outlined above. If I were unemployed, or had young children, or some other situation which defined $10 or $20 as too much money to be donating to a website, I WOULD NOT DONATE. So I understand why some do not- and that is fine. This is not meant to be divisive, but to reward those who are able to help. Please understand it that way.

Thanks everyone!

Joe

Gene Embert

I think thats great Joe. I have to admit it was kind of fun building up to 100 posts as well.

Joe Roark

I think thats great Joe. I have to admit it was kind of fun building up to 100 posts as well.

Yes, and there is some regret here that I did not sooner think of this idea.

Ray Nobile

very well put. those members who complained about the 100 post rule have now been given an alternative. i hope they now take advantage of your offer.

Joe Roark

It has been about four months since this thread has been refreshed, so to newer members, please be aware that contributing to keep this site online is an option.

Thank you.

Joe Roark

As I understand it, we started the contributor groups last April, so it will soon be time to renew.

It would be very helpful if more members would decide to contribute, so please consider doing so.

The money goes - completely- to run the site, and Bill makes up what is lacking. I receive no money from your contributions.

Thank you.

Ray Nobile

joe, my membership to cyberpump is due for renewal in april. i joined via paypal. do i need to reaply or will my membership be renewed automatically?either way i will be rejoining.

Joe Roark

joe, my membership to cyberpump is due for renewal in april. i joined via paypal. do i need to reaply or will my membership be renewed automatically?either way i will be rejoining.

Ray, I have forwarded your question to Bill and will let you know how it works. Thank you for your support!

Ray Nobile

thanks joe.