Introducing myself

Guest Don Jester

Guest Don Jester

Greetings to everyone here at Iron History. I am not much of a historian, I don't guess, but I have been weight training about all of my life, so may have something to say now and then. I have been a close friend of Nate Pearl since about 1990, and he was bugging me to join here for a long time. Also, he said someone here has indexes of about everything published in weight magazines. I wrote 2 articles a long time ago for bodybuilding magazines- one for Iron Man, when Rader still owned it, and one for Natural Bodybuilding. I have clippings of the articles, but I didn't keep the whole magazines. Can someone with an index tell me what issues these were in? Might be under a variation of my name- Don A. Jester, Jr., or any combination of that. Nate LOVES this site, talks about it a lot, and is very :) impressed with how much a lot of members know. When I told him I was finally joining, he said "good, u can tell them if I croak." :blink: Has a weird sense of humor at times, but with his sickness, maybe it was half serious also. Glad to be here. :D

jim eckhardt

Welcome Don, I think you will be glad you took Nate's lead and signed on here, a great place, full of info, wisdom and very nice people!

Joe Roark

Sorry, Don, but Nate mislead you. No one here could find such an index.

Wait- let me check with my wife... :D

JESTER, Jr., DON A.

IM Mar 1981 p 28 How often should you train?

NAT BB Apr 1983 p 87 Selecting prtein supplements

Welcome to ironhistory.com !

Guest Don Jester

JESTER, Jr., DON A.

Thank you, Joe. (looks like everyone here is on a first name basis, so I will follow that lead). Amazing that you came up with these in only a couple of hours :o Going to seek out those issues at some point. I want to become an expert on the topics I mentioned before, pre 1980 AAU Mr. A, and pre 1980 NABBA Mr. U, but I am not an expert now. My two articles were published after 1980, but most of my interest was prior to that, with just a couple of men as exceptions, about 1980 or about Lee Haney time was when winners of big contests started becoming too big for me. Probably even earlier was when a lot of the athleticism went away, but I thought that a little attention to being athletic and healthy was still around until then. Don't want to start off here criticizing since I don't know who is on this site, but I hear some real big men these days have trouble walking a couple of blocks :unsure: , just doesn't sound fit. Their choice, though. Thank you again, Joe, for looking up those articles for me, and so quik. AMAZING!
Butch Kliem

JESTER, Jr., DON A.

Thank you, Joe. (looks like everyone here is on a first name basis, so I will follow that lead). Amazing that you came up with these in only a couple of hours :o Going to seek out those issues at some point. I want to become an expert on the topics I mentioned before, pre 1980 AAU Mr. A, and pre 1980 NABBA Mr. U, but I am not an expert now. My two articles were published after 1980, but most of my interest was prior to that, with just a couple of men as exceptions, about 1980 or about Lee Haney time was when winners of big contests started becoming too big for me. Probably even earlier was when a lot of the athleticism went away, but I thought that a little attention to being athletic and healthy was still around until then. Don't want to start off here criticizing since I don't know who is on this site, but I hear some real big men these days have trouble walking a couple of blocks :unsure: , just doesn't sound fit. Their choice, though. Thank you again, Joe, for looking up those articles for me, and so quik. AMAZING!

I once heard that there are people that can actually recall every moment in their lives from th every beginning.

Then it was clarified that ALL wives can do that! :blink:

Edited by Butch Kliem
Joe Roark

JESTER, Jr., DON A.

This will probably come out wrong, Don, but I found those within one minute of seing your post. I have lots of stuff filed... :)

nathan pearl

Welcome to IH, Don. Finally convinced you to join, eh? You will like this site, and there are guys here who know more than I do about some (most) of the subjects we have talked about. BTW- Thanx a lot for calling me "Nate" :angry: , you know I prefer "Nathan", DONALD! See you tomorrow.

Jarett Hulse
Michael Fallon

Welcome, Don... Lots of knowledge here, and, abouh the guys who can't walk around the block, mostly true before contests!!!!

Ulf Salvin

Welcome, Don. Nate :) is right - this IS a great place. And, yes - our collective knowledge isn´t all that bad...

Bob Hornick

Welcome to Iron History Don....and thanks to Nathan for his influence in getting you to sign up!

- Bob -

Wes Rittenhouse

Welcome to Iron History Don

Mike Moris

Welcome from NJ. With the vast amount of info here, you can't go wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
David Marker

Welcome Don, I hope you stay active.