Hey from NJ

Mike Moris

Wanted to jump in and say hello. Since having 2 kids I have taken bodybuilding/powerlifting/collecting more serious. I'm learning to appreciate the history of bb.. I was born in '81 so I didnt grow up with the York passion but the more I read the more it intrigues me. Look forward to learning more history and will see you around.

Mike

• Like 1
Joe Roark

Welcome to ironhistory, where indeed we specialize in history as opposed to opinion and myth and hero worship. Hopefully you will enjoy it here, Mike.

• Like 1
Bob Hornick

Mike,....As a member from the Lone Star State I welcome you from the Garden State. I've had some good connections to the Garden State of New Jersey over the years, Police men and women and the Jacksons, Andy & Mae of the Jackson Barbell Co.

Enjoy your time here Mike.... :)

Mike Moris

Thanks for the replies..

jim eckhardt

Hi Mike, nice to see you here, a great place to learn and enjoy the iron history, Plus many friendly and diverse members.

Jarett Hulse

Welcome, I was born in 1980, so always nice to see someone younger then me on here.

Paul Quinn

Mike,

Welcome to IH. Lots of interesting information on the old iron and physical culture on this web site so enjoy.

Paul Quinn

jimmy coull

Great to see that you made it over here Mike, you've got the wide flanges to start the collection, lol. BTW, I'm a NJ expatriate now living in NC.

twodog

Edited by jimmy coull
Mike Moris

Thanks guys and nice to see another familiar face.

Michael Fallon

Welcome to the forum, Mike. Two kids are a handful. Good luck with the training!!!

• 3 months later...
Mike Moris

Uploaded some pics to my gallery. Yesterday I made two pick ups in NY, all York.

Mike Moris

Uploaded some pics to my gallery. Yesterday I made two pick ups in NY, all York.

NICE!

The question is....

When will you have "enough"? :P

I must admit, I'm not to familiar with "enough".. Since March I have picked up 2000lbs of Ivanko Revolvers, it's madness.

Mike Moris

Added some York and Ivanko pron. :)

Mike Moris

I don't know.. Love at first sight? I have a bad habit of liking expensive things. I know now how to control it. I don't see Ivanko as collectible per se. I have my plates and I'm done. York collecting.... We know that road. Though if I went down that road I would have done well. I've had at least 3k lbs of milled plates among other.. Farm picking. ;)

Wes Rittenhouse

Welcome Mike, I know several people who started out collecting one make but ended up with a vast assortment of cool stuff or found a new interest in other makes. Maybe your on that path

Mike Moris

Seems like it. Now if I could only double my property size and make a huge barn appear.

Mike Moris

Seems like it. Now if I could only double my property size and make a huge barn appear.

There is always the kitchen! :P

IM not even sure how to go about explaining that one. Worth a shot. :)