Goddag från Sverige!

Guest Thomas Sandberg

Guest Thomas Sandberg

Hello,

I registered just last evening but I was once a lurking member on the old forum. I hope to be able to contribute more now even though I realize many of you are giant's of the Iron Game (history). If for anything else I hope you will let me spend some time on your deltoids, to rewrite the old saying. :)

I got bitten by the Iron bug when reading my brothers muscle mags. My brother was a powerlifter with regional success and took me on at an early age. Alas, I didn't follow his advice initially and instead followed the "wisdom" present in the muscle mags. Even though my own brother was the strongest person I had by then ever met and had bulging biceps...he was definitely no Arnold. :huh: Youth is indeed wasted on the young! ;)

Anyway, to make a long story short, some 10-15 years ago I was starting to realize that following in the traits of Arnold, and by then Yates, was not the way to go for a drug-free mere mortal like myself. I was lucky to find Hardgainer and Cyberpump on the web and from that day my training has been progressing a lot better (despite today not being completely in line with the typical HIT approach but still being abbreviated and strictly basics).

My absolute Iron Game heroes and idols have evolved from Arnold to Doug Hepburn and Marvin Eder. On that matter I have taken upon myself to restore Doug Hepburn's website completely as I find it a historical document well worth preserving considering his brilliance and achievements as one of the true giant's of the real Iron Game (pre-drug era). I am aware there is a mirror of that site already, alas, that one is not complete. I have already restored more than what is available on that one. Perhaps this is not the place and perhaps I am breaking some rule but I am requesting images and resources to succeed in a full restoration. In particular I am looking for some images that was present on his site but that I have so far failed to find on my own. I will be more specific later on would this be ok?

Cheers from Sweden!

Joe Roark

Hello,

I registered just last evening but I was once a lurking member on the old forum. I hope to be able to contribute more now even though I realize many of you are giant's of the Iron Game (history). If for anything else I hope you will let me spend some time on your deltoids, to rewrite the old saying. :)

I got bitten by the Iron bug when reading my brothers muscle mags. My brother was a powerlifter with regional success and took me on at an early age. Alas, I didn't follow his advice initially and instead followed the "wisdom" present in the muscle mags. Even though my own brother was the strongest person I had by then ever met and had bulging biceps...he was definitely no Arnold. :huh: Youth is indeed wasted on the young! ;)

Anyway, to make a long story short, some 10-15 years ago I was starting to realize that following in the traits of Arnold, and by then Yates, was not the way to go for a drug-free mere mortal like myself. I was lucky to find Hardgainer and Cyberpump on the web and from that day my training has been progressing a lot better (despite today not being completely in line with the typical HIT approach but still being abbreviated and strictly basics).

My absolute Iron Game heroes and idols have evolved from Arnold to Doug Hepburn and Marvin Eder. On that matter I have taken upon myself to restore Doug Hepburn's website completely as I find it a historical document well worth preserving considering his brilliance and achievements as one of the true giant's of the real Iron Game (pre-drug era). I am aware there is a mirror of that site already, alas, that one is not complete. I have already restored more than what is available on that one. Perhaps this is not the place and perhaps I am breaking some rule but I am requesting images and resources to succeed in a full restoration. In particular I am looking for some images that was present on his site but that I have so far failed to find on my own. I will be more specific later on would this be ok?

Cheers from Sweden!

You are breaking no rule by honoring one of the great lifters of history. I assume you have read the biography on Hepburn?

Because of his lower leg/foot problem he had to pull many heavy lifts 'lop-sided' which was of course a handicap and may have given him uneven development in the back. At any rate, he was brutally strong, and was a person who did not (to my knowledge) waste much time claiming unofficial lifts.

Welcome to ironhistory!

Guest Thomas Sandberg

Hello,

Cheers from Sweden!

You are breaking no rule by honoring one of the great lifters of history. I assume you have read the biography on Hepburn?

Because of his lower leg/foot problem he had to pull many heavy lifts 'lop-sided' which was of course a handicap and may have given him uneven development in the back. At any rate, he was brutally strong, and was a person who did not (to my knowledge) waste much time claiming unofficial lifts.

Welcome to ironhistory!

Thanks a lot Joe!

I will go to work immediately! :)

Cheers!

Mike Rinderle

Good luck with this Thomas. Doug Hepburn has always been one of my personal favorites in the iron game. I was born with two club feet and had to wear those funny shoes that turned the wrong way with a bar in between them for my first year. For Doug to have overcome having a club foot, that surgery failed to repair, to become one of the strongest men in history is truly inspirational. I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Guest Thomas Sandberg

Good luck with this Thomas. Doug Hepburn has always been one of my personal favorites in the iron game. I was born with two club feet and had to wear those funny shoes that turned the wrong way with a bar in between them for my first year. For Doug to have overcome having a club foot, that surgery failed to repair, to become one of the strongest men in history is truly inspirational. I wish you luck in your endeavor.

Thanks a lot for the kind words Mike and I can imagine you can relate a whole lot to Doug!

Regarding the website I am progressing well at the time. Trying to browse through the Internet at the time... Hopefully I will get hints and tips on where to find the missing images featured in my posts on the Profile section here:

Project "doughepburn.com" Restoration - Gym equipment

Project "doughepburn.com" Restoration - Pictures

Project "doughepburn.com" Restoration - New Pictures Part 1

Project "doughepburn.com" Restoration - New Pictures Part 2

Project "doughepburn.com" Restoration - New Pictures Part 3

Project "doughepburn.com" Restoration - New Pictures Part 4

Cheers!