Hello To All

Guest Chris Hunt

Guest Chris Hunt

I came over here from the Gripboard on a whim. However, I am very glad that I did. I have always been interested in history and "antiques". Some of my greatest memories are perusing antique shops and flea markets with my grandfather before he died. By the way, I am only 24. So, I have quickly seen that I do not fit the "usual suspect" list around here. I know I will most likely not have a ton of information to add. So, I will mostly be browsing and adding in my two cents as I see appropriate.

Hopefully, I will be able to develop some friendships on here as I have done on the GB. I look forward to continuing to read all of the wealth of information contained here. Thank you all for your time.

Joe Roark

I came over here from the Gripboard on a whim. However, I am very glad that I did. I have always been interested in history and "antiques". Some of my greatest memories are perusing antique shops and flea markets with my grandfather before he died. By the way, I am only 24. So, I have quickly seen that I do not fit the "usual suspect" list around here. I know I will most likely not have a ton of information to add. So, I will mostly be browsing and adding in my two cents as I see appropriate.

Hopefully, I will be able to develop some friendships on here as I have done on the GB. I look forward to continuing to read all of the wealth of information contained here. Thank you all for your time.

Chris, welcome to our barbershop of casual, but determined, conversations. Add what you can when you can, or examine what is here. We have a group of guys with specific channels of knowledge about varying aspects of the iron game. By pooling our specialties, we have quite a resource here and are glad you have joined.

David Pelto

Welcome Chris-

This board is the place to learn about the rich history of the iron game. And do not worry about being younger

than most of the members here, as there is no age discrimination on these forums.

Dave P.

Bob Hornick

Welcome Chris. Younger members are the future of the site. It's real good to have you here, enjoy yourself and new found friends... :) Bob.

Guest Chris Hunt

Thanks to all of you. I am glad to be met with such warm reception. That is one thing that saddens me about "the good old days" in general. That there are not more young people interested. I have seen rich history and heritage lost just because the younger generation does not show an interest. Also, I am sure there have been many "artifacts" lost because of this very reason. Children and grand-children showing no interest in something, so it was thrown out when loved ones have passed on. Not expecting any of you to kick the bucket and surely not hoping for such. But, please, have some sort of will that states where your "collections" will go. If nothing else, will them to a museum. Thank you all again.

Edited by Chris Hunt
Joe Roark

Thanks to all of you. I am glad to be met with such warm reception. That is one thing that saddens me about "the good old days" in general. That there are not more young people interested. I have seen rich history and heritage lost just because the younger generation does not show an interest. Also, I am sure there have been many "artifacts" lost because of this very reason. Children and grand-children showing no interest in something, so it was thrown out when loved ones have passed on. Not expecting any of you to kick the bucket and surely not hoping for such. But, please, have some sort of will that states where your "collections" will go. If nothing else, will them to a museum. Thank you all again.

Chris, have you seen this thread yet?

http://www.ironhistory.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14917

Guest Chris Hunt

Chris, have you seen this thread yet?

http://www.ironhistory.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=14917

Very nice! I can only imagine the wealth of information that will be contained by the time my grandchildren have reached the age I am at now. I will definitely be visiting that in the next few years. Thank you for sharing.