Jackson Family Portrait - No, No, not THAT Jackson!

mike bondurant

Thought you folks might like a look at the Jackson Family Portrait here at the Muscle Museum. There's about 700 lbs. of Jackies there! Some of the heavy dumbells didn't want to be in the picture, they were napping snug in their racks and ol' Dad didn't have the energy to drag them out.

Back barbell set has a York cut-down 6' bar masquerading as a Jackson (I don't have a Jackson #1 bar...yet!) Next is my #5 bar that I bought from Andy in 1975. Second from front is my standard 5' 4" bar that is one of a pair that Andy used for training according to Reuben, who has the other one. In front is a Jackson EZ bar and some misc. goodies from the museum.

Many thanks to Reuben W., Murray Levin, Barry Roshka, Prof. York, Harry Smith, Robert Francis, David Landau, Mike Fera, and of course Andy Jackson, and others for their kindness and help in putting together this Jackson collection over the years!

Mike B. O=O post-1040-1248376677_thumb.jpg

Edited by mike bondurant
stephen j duyka
Thought you folks might like a look at the Jackson Family Portrait here at the Muscle Museum. There's about 700 lbs. of Jackies there! Some of the heavy dumbells didn't want to be in the picture, they were napping snug in their racks and ol' Dad didn't have the energy to drag them out.

Back barbell set has a York cut-down 6' bar masquerading as a Jackson (I don't have a Jackson #1 bar...yet!) Next is my #5 bar that I bought from Andy in 1975. Second from front is my standard 5' 4" bar that is one of a pair that Andy used for training according to Reuben, who has the other one. In front is a Jackson EZ bar and some misc. goodies from the museum.

Many thanks to Reuben W., Murray Levin, Barry Roshka, Prof. York, Harry Smith, Robert Francis, David Landau, Mike Fera, and of course Andy Jackson, and others for their kindness and help in putting together this Jackson collection over the years!

Mike B. O=O post-1040-1248376677_thumb.jpg

really some nice iron there.

Bob Hornick

A most impressive salute to the memory of a good friend, Andy Jackson. Carl and I have some of those shorter bars as well, from the Jackson basement workshop. Mike, that crown handle for a kettlebell in the foreground next to the wrench is the type of handle Andy used to make up a pair of kettlebells for me attaching 7 and 1/2 hollow globes. Those 2 kettlebells were his last official customer order that he worked on and filled while he still officially held the business. So whatever happens to those kb's in the future I remain as his last official customer, probably my only claim to fame or notoriety in this iron game of ours. :lol:

Most of my thanks for my Jackson holdings would go to Carl Linich. Carl looked him up, ordered a Jackson/Milo barbell and after looking at that beauty I ordered one and more, and more....starting a long relationship as a customer and friend of Mr. Jackson....as the song goes: "they were the days my friend, I thought they'd never end".......But alas, all things do end. :(

Reuben Weaver

Mike,

That is a great collection of Jackson Barbells. I am glad I could help you out a little bit in putting it together. I always enjoy swapping with you. Those trades have added some nice pieces of Jackson iron to my collection also.

Reuben

carl linich

It's nice to see that many of us enjoy the fruits of Andy Jackson's labor.He certainly did fine work. :)

tim bagby

That is a nice collection you have there Mike. It's nice to see is all come together. May you find a #1 bar in the near future. :)

Robert Francis

Thanks for the mention Mike.

You know, I am in love with that Jacki-curl bar. Sooo cute and red...just the way I like.

Nice portrait.

Rbt.

mike bondurant
Great stuff Iron Mike...

Planning my next trip now to FLA, so I may be stopping by for another visit in early 2010 :>)

Dave,

Looking forward to your next visit, hope you bring the whole family!

Mike B. O=O

james chaplic

Great looking display Mike, You will find that "1"series bar, It's just a matter of time. Jim

tom davis

James what is the meaning of your new picture?

Bob Hornick
James what is the meaning of your new picture?

Carl will remember an old character who lived in an apartment in what was know as 'Brick Row', off the Manchester Road on the East side of Poughkeepsie.....Believe it or not he tamed one of those critters. It was always interesting, when answering a Police call at that place, and we seemed to get many, watching that animal move about the apartment. Yeah interesting watching it while at the same time avoiding that cup of the world's worst coffee or the shot of hooch that the kindly old gent would always offer.

Edited by Bob Hornick