Welcome Walter Kurda

Thomas Klose

Thomas Klose

I saw that Walter Kurda has registered recently.

I would like to welcome him here at IH.

I know Walter for over 20 years . He was one of the top benchers when I started as a teenage lifter in 1983 and still is one of the best now.

He won a bronze medal at the premier 1990 IPF World Bench Press Championships in Rüsselsheim,Germany.

He was part of the German team in 91 and 92.

He placed 3rd at the 2004 European Masters in Luxembourg.

In addition he is many time national champion.

Walter has a PR of of 227,5kg raw at 113 kg (275 class) and 225kg raw at 109kg (242lb class).

He is a member of the world´s oldest weightlifting club "Kölner Athleten Club 1882" since 1978.

In the recent past he found out about grip strength and is now competing with growing enthusiasm.

Walter Kurda´s website

Thomas

Joe Roark

Walter, welcome to our forum!

Thomas Klose
Here's Walter doing a very strong 510+ raw, touch & go...

Walter is known for his narrow grip (60cm)

Well and he doesn´t display huge muscles...pure talent..

Thomas

dear friends,

thank you so much for this warm and kind welcome.

i know this fine website long time and i admire the know-how of the athletes here.

especially experts like gherardo bonini and joe roark opens my mind for the "old-school-strength"

hi, thomas. hope to meet you sometimes again :D

Edited by Walter Kurda
dan praydis

yes welcome walter some great benching i commented on your lifting before on youtube i think i would like to ask you a question im turning 50 in august and here latley my gains have been slower in bench and recovery is also slower is there any tips you could give to get me up there again or weight and rep schedule i can hit 300 easly but 450 is far away again what do you think thanks dan p :P any young guys 50 or above that are still making good progress can also chime in here thanks

Edited by dan praydis
yes welcome walter some great benching i commented on your lifting before on youtube i think i would like to ask you a question im turning 50 in august and here latley my gains have been slower in bench and recovery is also slower is there any tips you could give to get me up there again or weight and rep schedule i can hit 300 easly but 450 is far away again what do you think thanks dan p :P any young guys 50 or above that are still making good progress can also chime in here thanks

hi, dan,

hard to say. i dont know, how much time do you spend for benchpress and i dont know you "athletic conditions".

i can do "high numbers" in benchpress only, because i have my focus strict on benchpress. i am not, what i would call "a strong guy", really not. maybe you are a very good all-around-athlete. you can try then do do more for benchpress and stop other things a bit. but a progress of 150 lbs would be very hard for a "over-fifty".

i prefer the "old-school-style". 5x5, pyramides, 3er, 2er, 1er, ... i like to train with maximum and submaximum-weights. some times "touch & go", sometimes with pause on my chest, sometimes "feet up (sotilaspennki)". my training is not good. i have to work out more support-disciplines in the future.

so long

walter

ps: i saw your photo (with your son?). no doubt, you will bench 180+ kg (400+ lbs), if you want to train for this :D

Edited by Walter Kurda
dan praydis

thanks walter ;)