Welcome Les Spendlove

Reuben Weaver

David Pelto

Les-

It is really great having you , a golden age champion, visiting this site and posting with regularity.

Yes, you got some good coverage in the magazines during your competetive career, and deservedly so.

Hope your return to training is going well so far.

I will also vouch for Jeff's Raw-Iron site.

Dave P.

Guest Les Spendlove
Les-

It is really great having you , a golden age champion, visiting this site and posting with regularity.

Yes, you got some good coverage in the magazines during your competetive career, and deservedly so.

Dave P.

Thanks Dave, it's great being here. My competitive years were very brief but I've never stopped loving the Iron Game all these 47+ years, all its' past greats and every bodybuilder I ever met in a gym, contest and around the world. Everyone who love this sport as much as I do is my friend and family.

Being amongst all of you and reliving on this site all the happy memories of images that inspired me has rejuvenated my spirit and although my body is older, my heart and mind feel like that young, enthused, 15 year old boy all over again. Thank you to all of you.

post-4131-1231492636_thumb.jpg

Joe Roark
Les-

Dave P.

Thanks Dave, it's great being here. My competitive years were very brief but I've never stopped loving the Iron Game all these 47+ years, all its' past greats and every bodybuilder I ever met in a gym, contest and around the world. Everyone who love this sport as much as I do is my friend and family.

Being amongst all of you and reliving on this site all the happy memories of images that inspired me has rejuvenated my spirit and although my body is older, my heart and mind feel like that young, enthused, 15 year old boy all over again. Thank you to all of you.

Les, thank you for sharing these insights of history with the forum! I assume the photo is of you at age 15- which would be when? I do not have your date of birth in my files.

Guest Les Spendlove
Les, thank you for sharing these insights of history with the forum! I assume the photo is of you at age 15- which would be when? I do not have your date of birth in my files.

Hi Joe, yes that is a pic of me at 15, it was taken February 1962 after 6 months of training.

My birthdate is: October 5, 1946

I made an error on my other post about Wilfred Sylvester, the copy and paste didn't work too well for me so please accept my apologies for all those large empty spaces, I should have previewed . . . . I'm still learning. :rolleyes:

Joe Roark

Hi Joe, yes that is a pic of me at 15, it was taken February 1962 after 6 months of training.

My birthdate is: October 5, 1946

I made an error on my other post about Wilfred Sylvester, the copy and paste didn't work too well for me so please accept my apologies for all those large empty spaces, I should have previewed . . . . I'm still learning. :rolleyes:

Les, I have added you to my chronology:

Oct 1, 1946 Roland Essmaker opened his gym

Oct 4, 1946 Kaya Christian POM Nov 1967 [POM=Playmate of the Month]

Oct 5, 1946 Les Spendlove born

Oct 6, 1946 Don Ross born; died Jun 2, 1995