New To The Forum

Gene Taylor

Gene Taylor

Hello Joe & Everyone,

My name is Gene Taylor. I'm 56yrs-old and a professional musician. I'm originally from Norwalk CA, but presently live in Neerpelt Belgium.

I used to be a (non-competition) powerlifter (best single gym lifts: bp 365, dl 460, sq 510), but quit training many years ago, due to injuries (torn Achilles, torn pec).

So now, having finally realized that I truly miss lifting, I'm joining a gym (walking distance from my house!) and am interested in older training techniques; focusing on dumbbells for arm work and various types of leg and back training.

I've always enjoyed following (if sometimes only occasionally and from afar) the many different lifting sports (with some interest in their history), and have found -- by randomly surfing the net -- that articles bylined by Joe Roark seem to consistently be among the most factually sound and detailed. And after encountering this site, from time to time, it seemed like it would be good to join up.

Thanks & best to all.

jim eckhardt

Welcome to IH Gene. This is, without doubt, the best place to share and read about the history of the iron game. There is so much info in here, I couldn't imaging going through a day without stopping by. And the best group of folks you could imagine. Enjoy.

Gene Taylor
Welcome to IH Gene. This is, without doubt, the best place to share and read about the history of the iron game. There is so much info in here, I couldn't imaging going through a day without stopping by. And the best group of folks you could imagine. Enjoy.

Thanks, Jim.

I've seen many references to this site during my own casual research into lifting history, and just in the less-than-24hrs I've been a member, I've seen some great threads and posts. There's a definite kid-in-a-candy-store aspect to this place.

Joe Roark

Gene, welcome aboard. In musicians' terms this site is like jazz- improv input from various members, and the whole thing comes together with a pleasant stride, set after set.

We have some older members who continue to lift and/or play with the weights. We have members who are experts in various aspects of iron- and who willingly share with other members here.

Thanks for joining,

Joe

Gene Taylor
Gene, welcome aboard. In musicians' terms this site is like jazz- improv input from various members, and the whole thing comes together with a pleasant stride, set after set.

We have some older members who continue to lift and/or play with the weights. We have members who are experts in various aspects of iron- and who willingly share with other members here.

Thanks for joining,

Joe

Thanks for the personal welcome, Joe.

And I must say, considering what I've noticed to be the exhaustiveness of your personal research into lifting history (the Anderson back-lift and Inch dumbbell come to mind), I'm surprised you have much time (or inclination) to do any typing unless you absolutely have to.

Joe Roark

Thanks for joining,

Joe

Thanks for the personal welcome, Joe.

And I must say, considering what I've noticed to be the exhaustiveness of your personal research into lifting history (the Anderson back-lift and Inch dumbbell come to mind), I'm surprised you have much time (or inclination) to do any typing unless you absolutely have to.

This site is my passion, and the members who share info make it all worthwhile.

Besides, I type 3,000 words per minute. 50 of them accurately :lol: