Hello history buffs!

Guest Mark Winchester Sr.

Hello

Glad to be back, previous member here. Joe Roark is easily one of the, if not THE best sources of Iron history there is IMO.

I'm a big beleiver in Mark Berry and Arthur Jones. Anyway as I said glad to be back. I very much hold in high regard the wonderful history of strength training and think this board is by far the best Iron History board there is.

Mark

Edited by Mark Winchester Sr.
Bob Hornick

It's nice to have you back Mark. I note with interest that you like the partial movements. It reminds me of Fred Howell who wrote articles in Peary Rader's Iron Man magazine. Fred preferred the short range moves with lots of iron and as far as I know he thrived on it.

Again, Welcome back Mark.

Liam Tweed
It's nice to have you back Mark. I note with interest that you like the partial movements. It reminds me of Fred Howell who wrote articles in Peary Rader's Iron Man magazine. Fred preferred the short range moves with lots of iron and as far as I know he thrived on it.

Partial movements? Who can forget Athony Ditillo's great series of articles on power rack training...

It took me 25 years to finally afford a power rack and now I have it, I dont have the time to use it!!!! :angry:

Liam

Partial movements? Who can forget Athony Ditillo's great series of articles on power rack training...

It took me 25 years to finally afford a power rack and now I have it, I dont have the time to use it!!!! :angry:

Liam

Liam

I urge you to give Power Factor Training a shot. 99% of people say its BS but I can say that the principles are dead on. Although I've found that putting those principles into practice isn't always so easy w/ only a barbell to train w/. Single extremity movements are very effective when w/ partials on most machines. Good luck and congrats on your rack. I got mine cheap on ebay and LOVE it.

Liam Tweed

Thanks Mark,

I have wondered about Power factor training, I bought one of the books years ago and tried one workout of short range movements, I found it a surprisingly hard workout! Ill have another go when a have plenty of time in December

Liam

The biggest problem w/ PFT is that heavy partials while more productive than full range ROM's, they're also more of a load on the recovery ability and therefore take MUCH longer to recover from. Sisco says that 90% of people are overtraining and just accept a 10lb LBM yearly gain as a maximum and I can tell you that just isn't true. Sisco proved w/ SCT that a 10lb gain is possible in 10 weeks for even advanced bodybuilders once the intensity is high enough AND enough recovery time is sufficient.