Good to be back

Guest Erik Vining

Guest Erik Vining

Joe-

Thanks for re-admitting me.

It's been pretty crazy in the Vining househould lately. We lived in the Washington D. C. area. Well, I got a job in Missouri (about 45min. west of St. Louis), so I packed up the family, and started driving west.

Has anybody moved their gym 1000 miles away? You need a big truck and $$ for gas. You won't need to workout for the rest of the week because when you load and unload the truck you'll be tired. If you have to rent one go with Penski. Their truck was great. I had it loaded with over a ton of unbent steel, all my strongman stuff, weights, equipment, scrolls, and boxes the wife packed up for me. I also towed my car. That Penski truck hauled it without a problem and it was comfortable enough for me and the dog to catch some z's at a restop.

Our family was blessed with a baby girl about 6 weeks ago. (The wife has cut me off after 3 rugrats)

After 6 months on the market I've finally sold my home in northern Va. and will be closing on a new home shortly. We have been staying with the in-laws while we have been waiting for our house to sell. It'll be nice to be in our own home again. I'm really looking forward to getting my gym back together in the unfinished basement.

I was unable to attend the AOBS this year. I will be settled soon, and hope to see many of you there next year.

It's good to be back.

-Erik

Joe Roark
Joe-

Thanks for re-admitting me.

It's been pretty crazy in the Vining househould lately. We lived in the Washington D. C. area. Well, I got a job in Missouri (about 45min. west of St. Louis), so I packed up the family, and started driving west.

Has anybody moved their gym 1000 miles away? You need a big truck and $$ for gas. You won't need to workout for the rest of the week because when you load and unload the truck you'll be tired. If you have to rent one go with Penski. Their truck was great. I had it loaded with over a ton of unbent steel, all my strongman stuff, weights, equipment, scrolls, and boxes the wife packed up for me. I also towed my car. That Penski truck hauled it without a problem and it was comfortable enough for me and the dog to catch some z's at a restop.

Our family was blessed with a baby girl about 6 weeks ago. (The wife has cut me off after 3 rugrats)

After 6 months on the market I've finally sold my home in northern Va. and will be closing on a new home shortly. We have been staying with the in-laws while we have been waiting for our house to sell. It'll be nice to be in our own home again. I'm really looking forward to getting my gym back together in the unfinished basement.

I was unable to attend the AOBS this year. I will be settled soon, and hope to see many of you there next year.

It's good to be back.

-Erik

Mostly, when members leave, or when they are removed for perceived lack of interest due to not visiting the site, I never learn why. Thanks for the explanation.

Congratulations to you and your wife on the new baby, Just think- in a few weeks you will be able to sleep through the whole night again!

Welcome back!

David Hartnett

Erik, welcome back and congrats on the new baby and successful move. Not easy to sell a house these days, good job!

See you next year at the AOBS...

Bob Hornick

Hi Erik, Glad to hear that you have saddled up to ride with the Roark gang again. Congratulations on a wonderful addition to your family.

We moved from Poughkeepsie, N.Y. to Austin Texas, approx 1900 miles, many years ago. Shipped some stuff, including the Jackson dumbbells in a van ahead of time and we had 2 cars loaded down with the family including 2 cats, a dog, weights I didn't trust to ship. We kept track of each other on cb radios. Anne broke down in Memphis on the very day that Elvis died there. I was able to find her thanks to the cb's, able to get her rolling again. My cb moniker was "scrap iron", hers was "Super girl"....needless to say more than a few truckers would get on the air when she was. :lol:

It was a great adventure, always thought we might have another move one day, but not now, we'll cross the great finish line right here.

Edited by Bob Hornick
james chaplic

Welcome back Erik, I know what you mean about the moving I did it a few years ago from a neighboring town (Hanson) Congratulations on the new baby Girl, The one thing in life more fun than a barbell. Regards

Edited by james chaplic
Pat Povilaitis

Erik, good to see you back my friend!

Big congrats on the baby! I guess the wife must be happy she's got a little girl to slightly shift the Testosterone balance in your home...

Joe Roark

Our daughter moved to London with her husband and our youngest grandchild.

Here, the movers simply pull up, park the truck and start unloading. There, they have to get a permit to park the truck before unloading??? I dare say, my good man, I much prefer our system, jolly well.

• 3 months later...
Guest Ben Edwards

Erik, when Josh told me recently that you moved close to his area I was pretty pleased. Hopefully it means that one of these days when we have another get together at Josh's house that we'll all be able to meet up and exchange ideas and training stuff.